Who We Are
Middle Creek Vineyard Church - Loving the people of the Farmington with Jesus love, one person at a time.
Thank you so much for taking some time to check out our website. When people ask us “what kind of church are you ?” A Vineyard church is our standard answer. This is almost always followed with a quizzical look and the follow-up question “what’s a Vineyard Church?” Here are a few points to answer that question:
- Simply put we are a people who want to follow Jesus and make him famous in our community.
- We believe you can know and experience God in personal, tangible, and practical ways. And not just on Sundays! This stuff is either real all the time or not at all.
- We believe church should be understandable. In other words, we speak normal, everyday language to communicate what the Bible says about Jesus, relationships, faith, sin, money… real life experiences.
- We study the Bible, talk with God, listen to God, and then we want to do the stuff Jesus did. “Doin’ the Stuff” – expressing God’s great love and mercy through praying for people, caring for those who need it most, fighting evil in all of its forms… that's what Jesus did.
- We believe that we are only one expression of the church here in Farmington. You will find on this website links to other churches that are “Friends of the Vineyard.” You might wonder why we would “advertise” other churches. This is why:
- As pastors’ in Farmington we all gather together each Wednesday and pray for each other, our churches and our community.
- These churches welcomed our church plant with open arms and hearts.
- We are all on the same team with the same Leader and the same hope for Farmington.
- If Middle Creek isn’t a fit for you we want you to find someplace to call your church home. So we can wholeheartedly recommend these churches and these pastors to you.
This is the kind of Church we want to be. A condensed version of these points could be said:
Middle Creek Vineyard … real God, real people, real church, real life.
If that sounds like a church you could be a part of, we would love to meet you and share our vision for Middle Creek Vineyard. Please feel free to contact us with your questions or drop on down to Middle Creek and introduce yourself. We look forward to seeing y’all real soon.
John & Paige Guist
John Guist - Co-Lead Pastor
My name is John, and my wife Paige, along with their children, started Middle Creek Vineyard Church on the back porch of our home in 2008. Before planting Middle Creek Vineyard, I was on Staff at South Metro Vineyard Church/Victory Vineyard Church for fourteen years serving in various capacities. Over the years I did everything from VBS, Outreach, Small Groups to Preaching, Pre-Marriage & Marriage consultation, worship, and leadership development.
Before going into full-time ministry, I worked in several different fields. I have been a farmhand, concrete laborer, cowboy, cook, carpenter, bartender, bouncer, custodian, and worked in Community Ed. All of which God used to train me to be a pastor and a Leadership Coach. I studied Music, sciences, and Tech Il/Graphic Design at BSU before pursuing an education in Christian Ministry at Crown College. I recently completed my course work to become a Leadership Coach working with leadership teams in business, community administration, and churches of all sizes. My heart is especially tender for the small church pastor.
My great desire is to help people discover the kind of person God created them to be (their purpose, passion, & mission).
My great joys include anything outdoors, guitars, motorcycles, martial arts, cooking, gardening, and building/creating. If I’m not hanging out with my wife or spending time with our kids, you will find me in Johnny’s WoodShop (my garage), out with friends, or sitting out by our fire pit.
Paige Guist - Co-Lead Pastor
I chose to follow Jesus in the Fall of 1990. The Holy Spirit worked on my heart through a song on the radio and I’ve been a part of His Great Adventure ever since. The seeds of my faith were planted as I grew up steeped in a Christian foundation. The roots of my faith were nurtured at a great church in Austin, TX. And I have matured in my faith through 27 years in the Vineyard. In my current “day job” I teach middle school Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Ec!) here in Farmington. I love this subject area because it is all about helping people create healthy and sustainable families, something I am passionate about.
During the rest of the day, I am “mama” to 4 interesting and awesome children who always keep me on my toes and I get to pastor alongside my best friend and husband, John, at Middle Creek Vineyard Church. We’ve been involved in ministry together for nearly 25 years. Currently, I lead Kids’ Church at MCV and I participate on the MCV Board.